You absolutely adore your shoe collection, but you're worried that it's taking over your Dallas apartment. We get it — it's never easy to cut back on stylish shoes. Thankfully, it's possible to maximize your storage space so you can hang on to all of your favorites or even continue to expand your prized collection. These simple suggestions should help.
5 Fun Ways to Store and Show off Your Shoes
- Store shoes in your ottoman. If you don't already own an ottoman, it's time to invest in one. This multi-purpose piece of furniture can be used to store a variety of items, including shoes. It's an especially excellent option for casual footwear such as flip-flops and slippers; just reach in when you're ready to lounge and grab your favorite pair.
- Hang your shoes on a ladder. For the ultimate in rustic chic, find a cute wooden ladder for showing off your favorite heels. If you want to get a little more sophisticated, check Etsy for shoe ladders, which are specifically designed for storing and displaying footwear.
- Display your most impressive pairs of shoes on a bookshelf. If you want to show off your collection, dedicate some space to your footwear on your favorite bookshelf. A sturdier shoe that you don't wear too often could even serve as a bookend.
- Organize your shoes in wicker baskets. Covered baskets are the perfect solution to all of your storage woes. They work particularly well for shoes, which can be easily organized in multiple baskets based on the season or the level of formality.
- Store shoes in special closet hangers. Instead of tossing your shoes in a pile on the floor of your closet, keep them organized in a hanger. A variety of designs exist. Some can be hung on the back of the closet door, while others are hung on the closet rod.
There are far more opportunities for creatively storing shoes than you suspect. Your imagination is the only real limitation, so don't hesitate to store your shoes in a way that works for you.
At Mockingbird Flats, we're all about efficient and attractive apartment storage. Contact us to learn more about our spacious floor plans.