Forbes suggests that engaging in several short, multiple periods of exercise throughout the day may be as effective as longer, less often workouts. Short exercise bursts work best when spaced evenly throughout the day. But who has the time to go to the gym multiple times a day? This is where isometric exercises can help. Isometric exercises use one muscle to resist the push or pull of another muscle, allowing you to strengthen two or more muscles at the same time. Isometric exercise is great for any age or fitness level. Why not give this workout a try after getting the okay from your healthcare provider?
A 3-Minute Workout You Can Complete From Your Chair
Sit down and place your feet squarely on the floor in front of you. Keep your back straight. Remember to breathe normally throughout the entire workout.
- Chest: Lift your arms in front of you until they are at shoulder height. Bend at your elbows and place your palms together as if you are praying. Press your palms together for 30 seconds.
- Shoulders: Strike a genie pose with your right arm over your left arm in front of you at shoulder height. Press down with your right arm while pressing up with your left arm for 15 seconds. Switch arm positions and repeat.
- Triceps: Raise your arms to shoulder height. Bend at the elbow and make a fist with your right hand. Place the palm of your left hand against the bottom of your fist. Press your hands together for 15 seconds. Switch hand positions and repeat.
- Biceps: Let your arms hang by your side. Make a fist with your right hand and raise it until your arm forms a right angle. Place your left palm over the top of your right fist. Press for 15 seconds. Switch hand positions and repeat.
- Inner Thighs: Make two fists and place them side-by-side between your legs just above the knee. Press your thighs against your fists for 30 seconds.
- Outer Thighs: Place your palms against the outside of your thighs right above your knees. Press your thighs against your palms for 30 seconds
Are you looking for an apartment in Dallas where you can easily exercise indoors? Mockingbird Flats offers resort-like living within an easy commute to downtown. Call 866-926-3837 to arrange a showing.